Sponsored by the Virginia Commonwealth University, Unifrance, France's Ministry of Foreign Affairs, L'ARP (the French Authors', Producers' and Directors' Guild) and the SACD (the French Society of Dramatic Authors and Composers), the festival is organized by two movie-enthusiast professors, Peter and Françoise Kirkpatrick.
The festival aims to develop American audiences' interest in contemporary French films by offering a panorama of recent films that reflect current French movie production.
Presided this year by Claude Miller, the festival will present Richmond moviegoers with a selection of 11 recent French films and a program of short films.
Feature films selected:
- "A la petite semaine" by Sam Karmann
- "Effroyables jardins" ("Strange Gardens") by Jean Becker
- "Filles uniques" by Pierre Jolivet
- "La Prophétie des grenouilles" ("Raining Cats and Frogs") by Jacques-Rémy Girerd
- "Les Amateurs" by Martin Valente
- "La Petite Lili" by Claude Miller
- "Le Bison" by Isabelle Nanty
- "Monique" by Valérie Guignabodet
- "Monsieur N." by Antoine de Caunes
- "Petits arrangements avec les morts" ("Coming to Terms with the Dead") by Pascale Ferran
- "Un monde presque paisible" ("Almost Peaceful") by Michel Deville
Short films selected:
- "Bonhommes" by Cecilia Marreiros Marum
- "Casa" by Sylvie Léonard
- "La Collection de Judicaël" by Corinne Garfin
- "De la tête aux pieds" by Pascal Lahmani
- "Le Fabuleux destin de Perrine Martin" by Olivier Ciappa
- "La Flamme" by Ron Dyens
- "Gouille et Gar" by Philippe Gamer
- "L' Homme sans tête" by Juan Solanas
- "Léaud de hurle-dents" by Jacques Richard
- "Pacotille" by Éric Jameux
- "Pôv' fille!" by Jean-Luc Baraton and Patrick Maurin
- "Ta soeur" by Martin Valente
Delegation: Jacques-Rémy Girerd, Dora Doll, Sam Karmann, Philippe Torreton and Martin Valente.
最終更新日 : 23 4月 2009 へ 13:02 CEST