IFFAM was launched as an ambitious new international film festival in 2016 to bring together cinematic industries from Asia and the west.
- The bedrock of the festival is a highly curated programme of around 50 films from Asia and the rest of the world, designed to engage the audiences of Macao and expand the cinema-going tradition of the city.
- At the centre of the film programme is our international competition section focused on 10 films from first-time and second-time directors from around the world. New Chinese Cinema is a competitive section of eight films highlighting the best Chinese-language films of the year preceding the festival.
- The festival also includes a tightly organised invitation-only industry section consisting of a genre-focused project market, an industry forum and various networking programmes.
- Sitting alongside the six day festival is a year-round programme to stimulate Macao’s local film-making community and give young film-makers opportunities to develop their craft and participate in the film world at large.
- Part of the mission of the festival is to throw a spotlight on classic cinema and promote Macao as a cultural destination and location for shooting films.
Contact UniFrance: Isabelle Glachant