From March 7 through 16 this year, the Film Society of Lincoln Center, Unifrance and its USA delegation, with support from the French Embassy’s Cultural Service, will present the Rendez-vous with French Cinema Today.
Over the past eight years, this event has given the New York public the opportunity to discover 14 French films as yet unreleased in the United States. Last year, 9 of the films screened secured an American distributor following the event.
This year, the following films will be showcased at the Walter Reade Theater:
- "Adolphe" by Benoît Jacquot
- "See How They Run" by Michel Blanc
- "Special Delivery" by Jeanne Labrune
- "Whatever You Say" by Guillaume Canet
- "The Adversary" by Nicole Garcia
- "In My Skin" by Marina de Van
- "Life Kills Me" by Jean-Pierre Sinapi
- "Un homme sans l’Occident" by Raymond Depardon
- "Seaside" by Julie Lopes-Curval
- "Demonlover" by Olivier Assayas
- "24 Hours in the Life of a Woman" by Laurent Bouhnik
- "A Housekeeper" by Claude Berri
- "Monique" by Valérie Guignabodet
- "Carnage" by Delphine Gleize
The French artistic delegation will be composed of Olivier Assayas, Claude Berri, Michel Blanc, Laurent Bouhnik, Guillaume Canet, Julie Lopes-Curval, Raymond Depardon, Nicole Garcia, Delphine Gleize, Valérie Guignabodet, Benoît Jacquot, Jeanne Labrune, Jean-Pierre Sinapi, François Berléand and Marina De Van.
To coincide with the Festival, a special tribute will be made to actress Jeanne Moreau (who stars in the latest film by Josée Dayan, "Cet amour-là," currently showing on US screens) and to Claude Berri, whose film "A Housekeeper" is included in the Festival selection. The tribute will take the form of a retrospective of their films and a meeting with spectators, to be held at the Alliance Française.
最終更新日 : 23 4月 2009 へ 13:02 CEST